Monday, October 22, 2007

MMMM... Me, My Mischiefs, and Miscellaneous

Quoting from one of my previous posts,
"Well, I decided not to continue with the rest of my "failure series" stories."

But I still reserve the right to decide whether a story will come under "failure series" or not. Don't I ?
Thus exploiting the loop hole in the decision I took, I'm writing about one of the miscellaneous crushes and let me remind you once again, ......."based on true life incidents".

Unlike my first crush which happened when I was studying in my first std, when I was real immature to handle the complications of such a relationship, this happened after I got a bit matured,............. in my 3rd standard. When I knew a bit more than to just dream, I knew how to act and realize those dreams. Infact by second standard I was aware of my failing relationship with my first crush and might have even tried to grow beard as a memorial of my first failure. But I realized that it is high time to forget the past and move on.

I studied in SMVN, a lower primary school which had classes only till 5th standard. It was, unlike other schools, more like a creche where we had chechis (didi) and not teachers. Our chechis were really sweet, caring and you know, the best chechis one could ever have. They could love all the 100 kids of the school with the same love, and care all of them like their own younger siblings. I stayed very near to my school, around half kilometer from the school.

Just 4 months back, for the first time, after I had left that school, I went there to see all my chechis. Only three of my chechis were still there. When they saw me, for a few seconds, they were totally confused, and then suddenly one of the chechis said
"kannan....., mone da, u still remember all of us"
That one sentence, I 'll never forget. It brought tears in my eyes. I would obviously remember all the chechis in my life. coz I just had three or four chechis in my life. But they must have had hundreds of kannans passing out every year and remembering every one of them, n that too even after 12 years. Chechi, you still remember us. Thats unbelievable. I couldnt stop the tears coming out of my eyes.
Suddenly one chechi came to the staffroom and said, ayyo.. is this the same kannan, who use to write his eyebrows, n lashes everyday. who would put so much of powder, no girl would have ever put that much make up in her entire life. May be to reaffirm the fact that black could get a bit darker than my face, I used to do those things. n she said, you remember what n all mischiefs you have done in my class, I was your Class Teacher. Haan.. chechi, I do remember most of those mischiefs, of those many, one is this miscellaneous crush.

Lets call that lucky girl, Miss XYZ. She studied in his class only, was a friend of his first crush, and used to sit in his bench only. Unlike the previous time, this time he had a fully fledged plan to achieve his goals. He was aware of the fact that for girls, it is very easy. You know they just need an "ishara" and tim, the guy is down. But for boys, if they do just isharas, they'll just keep on doing isharas the entire life. He decided to send some strong signals, signals that will be clear and evident. Thus, during one of those morning intervals, he wrote her name all over the bench with 2 HB pencil. When she came back, she saw her name written all over, gave him a very blank look, and then rubbed those names from the bench with her nataraj eraser . Rather than trying to see the emotional turmoil he is going through, she just took it as a mischief . A few days passed with no more of such violent incidents being reported. He was sure he needs to send a stronger signal. He tied both of their bags together. After the jana gana mana, she untied the knot, took her bag and left home, as if nothing happened. This was not the same guy, whou would now dream some crap like, her dad too will kill some guy, n then he will get her. He had already waited 2 years in that vain hope. But he was awfully broken that day and decided that this sheer ignorance has to be brought to be an end. "Love Me, Hate Me, You just can't ignore me baby" You should understand he was made to take such a drastic step. He wrote his name all over her bag, and that too with the only pen he had. hahahahaha ...............now you ignore me .......

You know what, it worked. This time it was noticed, not just by her, her mom, dad, all my chechis, my headmaster... no one could ignore me anymore. But they all misttok, this seven year old's true love to be a mere mischief. huh... What do they know about love...? atleast i have a prior experience.
Not only they took this as a mischief, but as a mischief worth punishing. I still remember her mom screaming at me " I just bought this new bag only last month, this is worth 275 Rs, how could you ruin this just like that. " Well, for me all other options had exhausted and had to resort to these desperate measures. They scolded me like anything. All of my chechis, my headmaster, and the one and only "her mom" on one side, and the seven year old kid on the other. It was some real tense moments for arround two to three second. I couldnt take more, and I cracked. I cried like a dog when hit by a stone. All this not coz I cared about what they were saying, coz they misunderstood my intentions. I didnt have any intention of ruining her bag. Just wanted to convey the message. But again What did they know about love. I was the one with a prior experience.

But I should say, her mom was very kind to me. First, she didnt tell any of these things to my parents ( I wouldnt have been here to write this blog if that had happened ). Second, she couldnt see a cute little smart intelligent brilliant..blah ..blah.. kid crying ,like a dog when it gets hit by a stone. Suddenly she changed her stand and started consoling me. Though it took some effort from all of them to control the emotions bursting out of my ears, after some time they were succesful. That evening her mom came back to school again , and took me with MIssXYZ to their house.

Miss XYZ
had a really beautiful house with two stories. They had a pomeranian dog, and an aquarium in that magnificent house.To this day I remember the colour of the gappies they had in their aquarium, the taste of the strange but really tasty biscuit (though now i doubt whether that was some dog biscuit ) they gave me.But how much ever I try I just can't recall her name. So "lets call that lucky girl Miss XYZ."Though it is very much possible that she's a Mrs ZYX now.
Hopfully not.


13 comments:

shreko said...

wow...dude u r gettin real gud.....try that again sometime..only this time get ready to run rather than cry.!

Rohit said...

Dude!!
I am sure Ms. XYZ is fine...but wat abt Ms. ABC workin in ur office or livin somewhere near u.

The lesson u should have in mind is to keep ur mind open and receptive to these signals...keep lookin dude...lest someone writes her name all over YOUR bag..hehehe

Cheers!!

Unknown said...

i dint know a kid can be so matured n emotional from 2nd standard itself ;). But well the old hindi saying says( in case u dont know the meaning, do ask me ;))-"Honhaar Beerwan ke hote chikne paat";)

Abhishek said...

To this day I remember the colour of the gappies they had in their aquarium, the taste of the strange but really tasty biscuit (though now i doubt whether that was some dog biscuit ) they gave me.

So you like dog biscuits huh??? I get the indications...

Unknown said...

thank God... finally da torture is over [:D]... how can a kid of 2nd std b so mature??? r u still da same receptive guy as u used 2 b wen small??? as rohit said...keep ur ears eyes n al sensory organs... may b somday somebody may b buzzing... u r improvin... but somehow dis was not better dan da previous ones... neways gud job... keep it up!

Zog said...

it was good but the writing style and general feel of the first article in the failure series was better.

Zog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zog said...

it was good but the writing style and general feel of the first article in the failure series was better.

Unknown said...

hey kannan
it is very interesting u have such an genuine talent of story telling in u keep doin
i miss u ,ur arguments ,drum beatings,..........

shreko said...

kannaa...ithu vare 3rd a ayollo...vegam poratte baaki!

lisha said...

dude, brother dearest. very impressive (applause)
read both of dem and really liked d credit card conversation and ur C#%^ thinker 1 also came pretty close.................way to go

Nikhi said...

Kanna i think ur parents had farsight and gave u this name...kalla kanna...

Anonymous said...

great going kannan...i thought i know kannan(jishnu) very well but i was wrong..he is very good in studies esp. in electronics..but now i know he is too good in writing also..good dude...keep it up...although i know ur crushes..it seems it lasts forever..the one thing tht never ends 4 u..