Thursday, October 18, 2007

Bathroom Blunders and Realizations

I think, I think a lot when I'm in bathroom, I think about myself, others , the world, the philosophies, the culture, the truth and the lies when I'm in bathroom. May be I'm a constipative thinker. May be thers no word like "constipative thinker".

Anyways, one such thought crossed my mind yesterday. Yesterday night while I was taking bath ( a very rare event that is ) I noticed that the odonil packet inside the bathroom was not actually opened. Thinking who could have done such a blunder I tore open the plastic cover, kept the odonil inside the case and threw the plastic cover in the near by dust bin. European style closet that is. In a flash I realised the blunder I did, the plastic cover is going to get stuck somewhere in the pipe and the whole flow is going to get jammed. Of course my first thought was to take it out from there...

No . wait.. wait. dont run away from my cubicle.. I dint do that. I came back to senses too soon to be on such a blunder spree.

I live with three of my freescale colleagues. All of them always ready (infact waiting) to tear me up for each and every blunder I do. So the first thing and the best thing I did was to flush the toilet. I flushed it some n number of times till every molecule of the plastic became invisible.
All I was thinking then was how to save my self from the facing those
" Who bloody.. put the plastic sheet inside that toilet...???
Don't you even know this much that it'll get stuck in there..??"

Yes baby, I knew it'll get stuck , I knew it'll jam , but I also knew you would ask this question.
So I flushed it and made sure of two things :

1. Now It is sure going to jam
2. The blame wont be on me coz no one will know the cause of the jam. hehe...

With this satisfaction I continued my once in a fortnight venture of taking bath. Really it is such a painful exercise. May be I got this habit of not taking bath from ranchi.. where in the hostel I used to just take the bucket, mug and towel and then have a walk till the bathroom, once in a while. Just to have a feel of how it is like to go to bath. and then I would return realizing it is not such a pleasent exercise after all.. But still I use to walk in the corridor with bucket, mug and the towel, once in a while.
Just like people who dont like the taste of cigarettes but still would keep one in their lips just to have the feel.
Now don't blame me for not bathing coz if you can't understand the pleasure of smoking, the taste of the NavyCut, I never blame you. Its the same for me with bathing.

But then, there were people in our hostel who never even acknowledged the existence of bathrooms . So "thammil bedham thomman thanne.."

May be extreme pain makes people think, n thats why I'm a bathroom thinker. But yesterday something was running like a deamon (background processes in unix) in the fairly large sized air filled brain of mine. On the rights and the wrongs of things I just did.

My Papa always used to tell me "beta dont run away rom problems, face it bravely"
Well, Papa yo must be a very happy man now. I never run away from problems , I always run into it, searching for them, sniffing for them, and always I face it bravely. But I face it bravely to conceal the problems from others, and not to solve it. and when I'm sure no one will now know about the problem I created, There I sit with the satisfaction and reassurance. The reasuurance that the problem will now surface again but now it'll be a problem for all and not just for me.

With the hope that either the pipe won't jam or my flat mates don't read this,
Here I sit, with the same satisfaction and reassurance, ....



18 comments:

Unknown said...

Man.....Give ur mind a little time to rest!!.u flex ur brains even in the toilet!!!!!!yuckkkk,,....so grose....
waise i know this is straight out of ur figment of imagination....
Nicely drafted....Keep up the good work...

a7400 said...

hahahaha...nice one...i agree with the toilet and ideas funda too ...three cheers to the toilet

jishnukann said...

@ abhishek

kash... utna main imagine kar sakta..
waise the blog deals with only true incidents and u'll soon come to know that when rajiv scolds me.. hehe...

@anand..

thnx.. n i totally agree too..
three cheers... :)

shrecks said...

man! wat pppl do in the toilet ...u r the only one whos usin it to the fullest man...seriously , u ask me to write a blog abt such things ill go around makin pl puke...
GREAT BLOG>>keep bloggin ..

jishnukann said...

@ sreek..

plz... don't.. plz...
hehe..

Abhishek said...

.

A LONG STORY said...

i always knew something was wrong whenever u ventured near me......now i know!!!!!u dont bath!!!
what a relief....u at least took a bath...with a touch of adventure though..
hope u dont smell of something else wen the thing gets stuck!yuck!!!

jishnukann said...

haha..
u don't have an option dude..
u stay the nearest to my cubicle...
hehe...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

hav finally solved a puzzle... ur cubicle and its vicinty smells awkward... finally the suspense is broken... plz use toilets 4 wat de r meant 4 n not 4 plannin actions harmful 2 da society [:D]..
on a serious note.. its a great blog beautifully ritten... keep up da gud work...
y don u show ur blogs 2 ur manager?

Anonymous said...

Man...why don't you work in Bathroom..??? Bad odour inside the four walls exclusively for you and work done!!!
Well, a nicely written blog which reflects a real thinking mind!!! Keep it up buddy!!!

jishnukann said...

@ ritika n gourav

if i show the blog n those comments,
I'm pretty sure they'll save a cubicle and make me sit in the toilet.
So lets not venture into that...

hehe...

Thor said...

My Papa always used to tell me "beta dont run away rom problems, face it bravely"
Well, Papa yo must be a very happy man now. I never run away from problems , I always run into it, searching for them, sniffing for them, and always I face it bravely. But I face it bravely to conceal the problems from others, and not to solve it. and when I'm sure no one will now know about the problem I created, There I sit with the satisfaction and reassurance. The reasuurance that the problem will now surface again but now it'll be a problem for all and not just for me.


brilliant....

jishnukann said...

@ thor

thanku thanku

Unknown said...

I guess u r the kind of person who believes in sharing everything with your friends even if it is the result of your blunders;). Waise i just hope your roommates read this ;).

abhishek sharma said...

hey similar thing happped to mee too..I was really amazed by the automatic flush... so I tried to find out the ways to start the flush without using the toilet...
and I found out that u have to put
your hand in front of sensor for 30 secs than remove it and it flushes...walllah... eureka.I am a genius...

jishnukann said...

oh..
now i get why it never flushed automatically after i went.

You have to sit there for 30 seconds huh..
what a stupid system...

Shraddha said...

😊😊😊